My husband is about to go on a “business trip”. With his company that means going to a really cool place and doing things like sky diving, white water rafting and mountain biking.
So here’s my guide to being a tourist in a place and finding a yarn store. In my opinion, this is what you should buy your hard working and lonely wife (no subtext here, it’s all very much overt!):
1) Definitely buy something. Do not leave a yarn store empty handed. Ever. Especially if your wife is at home with the children and you just jumped out of a plane. It would be like jumping out of a plane. Without a parachute. Really.
2) Buy something that comes in a skein, rather than a ball. It’s a good sign that it’s something nice.
3) You pay for what you get, and you’re on a really fabulous trip, whilst your wife is not. I am not at all bitter about this. At all. But even so, you should buy some expensive yarn.
4) Variety is the spice of life. You should buy several things.
5) Choose something you can’t get anywhere else if possible. Locally produced, hand dyed, that kind of thing. Then it really is like a souvenir only it’s also useful.
6) Try to get both yarn and spinning fibre. That would go down very well.
7) If possible, visit more than one yarn store and follow all of the rules above (yes, they are rules, not just suggestions..).
8) There are several yarn stores in Utah. Some of them look really nice.
9) Have a great trip 😉